Accessibilty: Site Navigation

Accessibilty: Site Presentation

Left Sidebar

The following content is part of the left side-content panel.

Main Content

The following content is the main page content.

What is registration and Self referral?

If you wish to refer yourself or need help and advice, you can contact us by telephone on 01432 352297 or by letter, or by emailing you do not need to ask or wait for your GP or consultant to send your details to us

“Registration” simply means being on your local social service’s register of people who are either:

  • severely sight impaired (blind)

  • or sight impaired (partially sighted).

The register is confidential, so your details won’t be shared.

Registration is entirely voluntary; it’s up to you whether or not this happens. Even if you choose not to register, it won’t stop you getting the help you need from social services. To be registered, your ophthalmologist first needs to certify your sight loss.


If you have been seen by your consultant for the first time then we will be sent your CVI and will get in contact with you.  (YOU NEED TO DO NOTHING)


If you wish to change your certification from sight impaired, to severely sight impaired then fill out the form. Also if you wish register without going to see your consultant then you can as long as you have a copy of your CVI which you can forward to us


HerefordshireSensoryTeamFirstLetter.doc57.5 KB

recommended links



Guide Dogs

Hereford Deaf Direct

Accessibilty: Site Navigation

[login] Website developed in association with Illuminate ICT